Take the new year as an opportunity to revisit and refresh. These five digital marketing to-dos for your small business can help get you started. A little can go a long way!
Each new year represents an opportunity to start fresh and perhaps approach your small business a bit differently based upon what you learned the year prior. While you can’t do everything, you should avoid the temptation to do so at the risk of spreading yourself too thin.
The following to-dos will boost your small business in the new year and beyond.
- Set marketing goals. If you don’t set somekind of marketing goal for your business, you will notaccomplish it. Easy-to-measure goals are ideal, For example, you might aim to increase traffic to your website or store by 20 percent.
- Update and/or redesign your website using a mobile-first approach. If you haven’t updated your website in the last three years, it’s time to do so. You don’t have to be an expert just check out other sites and ask customers their thoughts.
- Provide customers with content that will help them buy from you. Take some thinkingtime to profile your customers and what information they are looking for to make a buying decision. If you don’t know, sit down with a handful of your customers and talk to them about what triggers their search for a solution that you provide.
- Write content that is answering customer questions with voice search in mind. Think about what questions your customers are asking, and then include those questions and answers in your content.
- Use social media to connect with customers and to provide support and customer service try using Facebook Messenger as a channel your customers can use to get in touch with you.